Past and Present
Our center was established in 1974. We have had the privilege of being a “home away from home” for many children over the years. Some of those children are now parents and they are entrusting their own families to our care.
Carie, current owner/director, first joined the staff at Pepper Valley Learning Center in 1984. She is also a parent with two children, Justin and Aubrey, at Pepper Valley Learning Center. In November 2004, Carie and her husband Dave Allan along with Monica and Robert Powell established a partnership to purchase Pepper Valley Learning Center.
As the new owner, Carie would like you to know how much she enjoys having your children at our school. Her goal is to provide your children with rich and varied experiences in an environment that helps them:
- Learn to be with other children.
- Develop an interest and joy in learning.
- Feel secure and successful while encouraging self-expression and creativity.
- Learn self control and responsibility.
We provide age-appropriate activities in the following areas: art and crafts, music and movement, literature, science, cooking activities, reading and listening comprehension, printing, and simple math and science concepts.
What else do we offer?
- An excellent private kindergarten program, which surpasses the state’s school requirements. Our program is limited to 14 children per instructor.
- A center which is open year round.
- Many special activities scheduled throughout the year.
- A fun summer agenda for all ages.
Please feel free to visit or call at any time. Our hours of operation are: Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. until 6:15 p.m. Come by and allow us to show you the center and answer any questions you may have.
Contact Us: Pepper Valley Learning Center 1358 Pepper Dr El Cajon CA 92021
Telephone: 619-444-7770 Fax: 619-444-5475